September 28, 2004

Tony Blair Continues to Stand Tall

Tony Blair grows as a leader and continues to further cement his place in British history with each passing day. He also seems to have sworn off Clintonism and the 'third way' for good. Ignore the blaring headlines from the liberal media crowing about his 'apology' and read the speech he made today to the Labor Party conference:

"So the decisions I've been called on to make are stark.

When I hear people say: "I want the old Tony Blair back, the one who cares", I tell you something.


I don't think as a human being, as a family man, I've changed at all.

But I have changed as a leader.

I have come to realise that caring in politics isn't really about "caring".

It's about doing what you think is right and sticking to it.

So I do not minimise whatever differences some of you have with me over Iraq and the only healing can come from understanding that the decision, whether agreed with or not, was taken because I believe, genuinely, Britain's future security depends on it.

There has been no third way, this time.

Believe me, I've looked for it."

Say a prayer for Tony Blair. The world needs him.

Full text of Blair's speech

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home